Monthly Benefit Amounts
Social Security Disability - Monthly Benefit
- Average monthly benefits exceed 1,050.
- Average monthly benefit for a Disabled worker, spouse and one or more child exceeds 1,790.
- Maximum disabled worker monthly benefit may be greater than 2,300.
Supplemental Security Income Disability - Monthly Benefit
In addition to the Federal SSI contribution, California provides a state supplementary payment (SSP). When an applicant is awarded SSI benefits, the payment from the Federal government includes both the federal amount and state contribution combined. For a
disabled single adult with independent living status in 2009, the benefit was:
- 907 maximum (includes California SSP) 1/1/09
- 870 maximum (includes California SSP) 5/1/09
- 850 maximum (includes California SSP) 7/1/09
- 845 maximum (includes California SSP.) 10/1/09
- 674 maximum federal payment 2009/2010
The payment may be reduced based upon an individual’s income and resources.